Nicol Law Office is a litigation and corporate/commercial firm, with a range of experience including corporate and intellectual property agreements, addressing employment matters, and advising on insurance coverage and claims.
Among other mandates, the team at Nicol Law Office has:
- Advised a technology company on its intellectual property rights.
- Drafted license and sublicense agreements for high-value oilfield technology.
- Drafted license and agreements in the power market.
- Advised a video game company on royalty rights.
Commercial & Securities
- Advised a large energy company on its pipeline use rights.
- Advised a large energy company on its commercial rights under third party agreements prior to the acquisition of another company.
- Acted for an investment corporation in response to an Alberta Securities Commission investigation and investor complaints.
- Acted for a large multinational energy company in a dispute over gas plant fees and revenues.
- Acted for a large oil sands company in connection with the failure of significant extraction assets.
- Acted for a franchisor in a commercial lease dispute.
- Acted for significant creditors in Company Creditor Arrangement Act Proceedings.
Sports and Entertainment
- Acted for the prospective purchaser of a junior league sports team.
- Acted for a large bank in connection with demands against a letter of credit.
- Acted for a startup in connection with venture financing.
- Acted for a public company in connection with the placement of seven-figure preferred share financing.
- Acted for an employee in a constructive dismissal claim.
- Acted for an employee in, and settled, a workplace injury claim resulting from catastrophic injuries.
- Advised all levels of employees including senior management to in-field operations on severance packages.
- Acted for an engineer subject to corruption and professionalism allegations.
- Acted for an employer in connection with human rights and employment standards complaints.
- Acted for an individual taxpayer in a dispute involving preferential tax treatment for resource exploration outlays.
- Obtained a rectification order for a large publicly traded company related to its conversion to and from an income trust.
- Acted as coverage counsel for a large publicly traded company in connection with a liability finding under foreign securities law.
- Acted as coverage counsel for a liability insurer in a plant failure event involving significant claimed business interruption losses.
- Acted as coverage counsel for a large bank in connection with investor claims.
- Acted for an insurer in a subrogated claim involving the failure of large hard mineral mining equipment.
- Acted in connection with an umpire process under the Insurance Act.
- Acted for a multinational engineering and construction company in defense of negligent design and gross negligence allegations relating to an international construction project.
- Acted for a condominium corporation in a dispute with its builder and trades regarding mechanical and structural defects.
- Acted for a unit owner in a dispute with the condominium corporation over improper renovations resulting in noise transmission.
- Acted for a large construction company in a contract dispute with a supplier.
- Acted for transportation and logistics companies to recover unpaid fees for transportation services.
- Secured fees for transportation services against facilities to which materials were delivered.
- Represented client in international debt collection activities.
Contact us to have the Nicol Law Office team work for you.